Plumber finds hidden camera in Starbucks bathroom

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
WEST HARTFORD, Conn., Aug 12, 2011 (UPI via COMTEX) -- A plumber says he was surprised to find a camera when he checked under a Connecticut Starbucks bathroom sink to figure out why he couldn't get hot water.

Rafael Zeligzon, 57, discovered the camera at a Starbucks in West Hartford July 27 when he reached under the sink to check valves, The Hartford Courant reports.

The lens of the sound-activated camera, aimed at the toilet and about the size of a cellphone, was attached to a pipe with duct tape, he says.

"I will never forget, I was fuming," Zeligzon said. "I was outraged."

He says he told Starbucks workers but they said they said they were too busy to talk.

Zeligzon says he downloaded the camera's contents to a computer at his East Hartford home and found 18 files with audio and video of men's genitals, buttocks and some of their faces.

The police linked the camera to Paul Deveau, 51, of Hartford, who was arraigned Thursday on 12 counts of voyeurism and freed on $100,000 bail.

But as part of their investigation, detectives took Zeligzon's laptop and desktop computer, both of which he needs for his business.

In a letter to Starbucks, he wrote: "In light of my good deed which prevented further violations of privacy of your customers, I am requesting that you provide me with a replacement laptop."

He says he got no response.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/hi...oom-2011-08-12?mod=mw_outbrain&Link=obnetwork

~~~~~

I think, he should had called the cops.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
Now, I would have to ask Red about this but, he won't post here anymore, I can't imagine why. :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks