Plumber Damaged Hudson Reed Fixture -- Need Advice Please

Users who are viewing this thread

thriftymama

Reaction score
Hi everyone! We're finally rounding the finish line of our bathroom remodel. Yay! The bad news is that when the plumber installed our $400 Hudson Reed shower, they scratched it in a couple of places. One scratch is pretty deep and about an inch long. What should I do? I feel bad about the whole thing, but I also really feel bad that my new shower is not new looking anymore. :(

My husband spoke with the plumber and they are willing to compensate us for the part, but say they won't install it. They said they don't want to scratch it again and it was hard to put in.

Are they legally liable for replacing it? Or should they have to pay for the part + whatever another plumber charges to put it in? They already billed us for the labor to put it in in the first place.

Suggestions? Anyone deal with this sort of thing before?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Bobbi Jo

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
The plumber is responsible for the install of the product. That said the best thing, since the job is done, would be to come to an agreed price for compensation and you live with it. BUT If you realy want it replaced, and you are intitled to that, They should replace it or refund the replacement cost. Yes they are leagly liable but court is the last thing you want to do. It is a PITB. Have you checked with companys that repair scratches like that? They are expensive but that may be the way to go for everyone. The plumber is responsible unless he told you other wize before the job was started.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks