Plumber coming tomorrow for bathroom remodel

Users who are viewing this thread

mgd150

Reaction score
Having the following set up:

1/2 Inch Copper supply lines- not being touched.
Existing valves being removed

Following being installed:
Kohler Hi-Flow Rite-Temp PB Valve, 3/4 in, 3/4 out. Im guessing they will adapt the supply lines?
Kohler master shower 3 way transfer valve, 3/4 in, 1/2, can run 2 things at one time. Running to the following:
Non-diverter Tub Spout
Supply Elbow running to a handheld mounted to a bar
Rain Shower head

I asked my contractor if its possible for the plumber to use copper, but he said the plumber will most likely do PEX.

That being said, the shower heads are like 2.5 gpm max so Im not too concerned about pressure there, Im mostly concerned about the tub spout and having good flow there Everything I read here says DONT USE PEX on the tub spout, but is this only for diverter spouts? Will I be fine since I'm using the transfer valve?

Is there anything I need to watch for, or that I should recommend to the plumber?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Adapting from 1/2" to the 3/4" valve is pretty normal. Yes you can ask for copper if you're willing to pay the added cost but switching that today for a project already scheduled for tomorrow might cause issues with schedule. If the plumber has already bid the project then the additional would be a change order.

The issue with tub spouts and diverter valves won't occur with your setup. You'll get full flow from the tub spout.

Be aware of the layout/order of operation from your diverter if that is important to you. depending on your layout .. Left = x function/handheld, Up = Rain head, Right = X function/spout. Look up the instruction manual now and see how Kohler suggests its installation.

Not a plumbers issue, but Compare the mud/tiling ring they provide with the diameter of the trim you intend to have installed. Make sure the trim will cover the hole.. I've had tolerance issues with Kohlers Purist trim lines and these valves in the past.

mgd150

Reaction score
They actually came today instead of tomorrow, here is the result. Picture is zoomed out a bit to fit it all in, rain head spout is 7.5 ft and tub is 32 inches wide for reference. The valves might be slightly off center due to the beam they had to plumb through. I'm not too concerned about that part.

Attachments

• roughed in.jpg
    roughed in.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 167

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
the piping looks good. where is the bar going to mount in relation to that outlet. You will want to install wood backing vertically where that bar will go. The slot drain on the kohler tub are a pain IMO. I always silicone those to the tub to avoid getting a call back for a leak of that seal.

And still check your tolerances of face plate compared to the mud ring that the tile installer will be cutting their template. The faceplate has a foam gasket generally behind it that needs to contact the tile to seal. Too small of an interface between the 2 leaves less area for that contact.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks