Plugging toilet exit for cleaning soak

Users who are viewing this thread

Reach4

Reaction score
I was thinking that a test plug could be used to block a toilet output to let a cleaning solution sit higher than the normal waterline.

The SAFE-T-SEAL TP123 seems as if it would be a good choice, since it is for a wider range of diameters than the Cherne test balls. Any comments?
TP-LTP-350x350.jpg

My Vespin ii seems to be tight for a 3-inch toilet brush.

Treeman

Reaction score
Last summer I tried to acid clean my recently replaced 50 year old workplace toilet by blocking the main drain exit. By plugging the exit, I could raise the water up to the very top edge of the bowl so that most of the internal bowl was exposed to acidified water.

A rag alone did not work. A rag in a plastic bag sealed it entirely. The plastic bag was just enough to make it seal. Make sure the assembly is big enough not to get partially flushed and clog up the toilet drain. Being frugal, I didn't want to spend any more than necessary for a one time use.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks