Plug in replacement insert for sink mounted Grohe Deluxe XL Soap Dispenser (earliest version)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Jshulze

Reaction score
Grohe Deluxe XL soap dispenser, earlier version than Grohe 28751, the removeable above sink part plugs in to an approximately 075 inch diameter throat. Theres a black ring (phlange) with three small sell tapping screws through it around the outer diameter of the phange that holds the universal pump assembly in place in the head of the unit. The phlange is cracked and leaks soap. Cant find this early unit described anywhere, obviously no longer made, and no parts seem available. So i am wondering if there is a removeable head replacement part which will fit into the existing below sink bottle assembly which presents approx a 0.75 inch hole at the sink surface (ie the diameter of the pump assembly) for plugging in the head assemply? an ideas?

Attachments

• Grohe Deluxe XL soap dispenser.png
    Grohe Deluxe XL soap dispenser.png
    14.6 KB · Views: 79

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
Grohe has a lifetime warranty if you have receipts.
There is nothin' to replacing soap dispenser assemblies...and even I would venture to say a handyperson could do it.
I think that the new-fangled dispenser that pumps via a tube from a big bottle of soap under the sink is the cat's meow, if you have space (and not rolling door/pullouts).

Jshulze

Reaction score
Grohe has a lifetime warranty if you have receipts.
There is nothin' to replacing soap dispenser assemblies...and even I would venture to say a handyperson could do it.
I think that the new-fangled dispenser that pumps via a tube from a big bottle of soap under the sink is the cat's meow, if you have space (and not rolling door/pullouts).
here is the unit disassembled, this is the second time i have replaced the unit that costs around $250. the black flange is cracked causing fluid flowback from the pressure side of the universal pump cartridge. I realize i can replace the entire unit relatively easily, but if i do so its not going to be another grohe....one plastic part cracks rendering the entire expensive unit useless..

Attachments

• IMG_0505.png
    IMG_0505.png
    62.4 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0506.png
    IMG_0506.png
    46.8 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0508.png
    IMG_0508.png
    116.3 KB · Views: 66
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks