Plug Bathtub For Pressure Test

Users who are viewing this thread

turkeyvulture

Reaction score
For a DVW pressure test, how do you plug the tub? It's not practical to plug the drain and overflow, with those little cross bars in there, and I can't turn the trap to plug it caue it's connected to the overflow and the drain. Pros, what's the trick? Got an inspection in two days.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Depending on WHICH drain and overflow you have, some companies have "test plugs" which fasten in using the bolt holes for the lift and turn plug and the overflow plate.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
Not much help I know, but here we only pressure test the rough-in, the traps and fixtures are installed afterward.

Cwhyu2

Consultant
Reaction score
On a rough no traps installed, plug all waste arms then put under pressure plus vents
the whole system has to be sealed,air or water test,traps installed on final test,Bowl test.

Cwhyu2

Consultant
Reaction score
What the inspectors wanted to see is a PB faucet and that DWV holds.That is in this area.On the final they want to see if the trap holds.

Cwhyu2

Consultant
Reaction score
I've always had to have the bathtubs installed for rough plumbing inspections.
Failed one inspection for that reason!
Sure you can have the tub installed,but in order to put on rough test you cannot have a trap or waste and overflow connected.

PlumbPowerHouse

Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.plumbingsolutionsllc.com
We do a lot of new construction and when we rough in tubs, we use the test plugs that come with the waste/overflow kit. You probably should check with your local plumbing supply shop and grab a few different test plugs for your tub drain to see if you can get one to fit.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks