Please view and comment on diagram. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Geoff Clogan

Reaction score
Another bathroom reno includes: removal of cast iron tub & sink. Installation of double sink vanity. I removed all the horrid, 60+ year old galvanized. Here's my diagram for new plumbing making as much use of existing stud holes. The original sink and tub drained into the 3" toilet waste; I'll be using that.
Is this Kosher? Please evaluate. Thank you in advance.
Geoff
Although I don't think it's required, I was considering adding a cleanout at the end of the arm and extending it via two 45's into the base of the vanity.

Attachments

• 2nd fl bathroom renov.jpg
    2nd fl bathroom renov.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 8,866

Dlarrivee

Reaction score
I don't think you need two 45*s for going from vertical to horizontal, I'm pretty sure a long radius 90 would be just fine.

Why not just add a cleanout under each santee?

Shacko

Master Plumber-Gas Fitter
Reaction score
Where you are tying in the vent to the stack there can't be any fixtures above it, if there are you can't tie a vent there, no fixtures above and you're good to go.

Asktom

Reaction score
It looks like the two lav vents tie together too low, they need to be 6" above the flood level of the lavs. 42" above the floor, usually.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
You are assuming the drawing is to scale and that the lav drains are at a "normal" height, neither of which is a valid assumption. The requirement, however, for going horizontal is "6 inches above the overflow level, or 42 inches above the floor, whichever is HIGHER". HOW you conned to the toilet "drain" is the important thing. You are within the dimensions where you should NOT need cleanouts under each sink opening.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks