Please verify my proposed re-venting/draining for washer

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by mikekenmore, Dec 9, 2016.

1. mikekenmore

mikekenmore Member

see image for my proposed rework.

i'm moving our washer/dryer location as part of a basement remodel. i'm proposing to adjust the plumbing as shown in the image. my question, aside from does it look right, is whether it's okay to demo the existing vent from the washer that connected to the main drain line.

i will be reconnecting a new washer vent pipe to the old vent that goes up through the roof. however, the main drain line will not have the exact same venting configuration as before. i think it's okay, but want to check.

thanks!

basement plumbing.jpg

2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    The washer vent looks okay. The vent goes either uphill or at the least flat toward the roof.
    You will want an 18" or longer standpipe for the washer.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. mikekenmore

mikekenmore Member

thanks terry!

is it okay for me to cut out the old drain at the basement slab and put on a cap? alternatively, instead of a cap, could i glue a flat plate to the top? i'm planning to insulate the wall in the same exact spot as the existing drain with 3" XPS, so the less material interfering the better.