Please someone help me with my new CST746 Toto Drake!

Users who are viewing this thread

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Just to add my 2 cents... I bought the same toilet earlier this year. We have the same problem and are finally ripping the thing out. I'm currently looking for the new one, but my experience with the 746 was so bad I feel like I should just avoid Toto this time around.

Call Toto to let them know. I have literally been hired by Toto to pick up a toilet from a customers home to ship back to them so they can figure out why it had a problem. Many times the worth of the actual toilet.

Dynaco1

Reaction score
The CST744EG, CST744SG, CST454CEFG and MS604114CEFG are all really good toilets.
I'm sorry that your first try on TOTO was with their CST746 bowls.

I have sold thousands of their earlier products over and over again.
What about the C744EF (10"setback) combined with ST743E? I installed two last January and I am unable to cleanly flush a BM in a single flush without skid marks. I wonder if the CST454 (10"setback) might flush better; perhaps I could swap out the bowls.

We had three Drakes in our last home and never had this problem. Cannot recall the bowl model.

Dynaco1

Reaction score
Terry,

I am back again, 11 month later, to say our TOTO post-flush dirty bowls continue to be an issue:

TC744EF (10"set back) stools and TST743E tanks (Ferguson Supply)

We have four (4) family members using the TOTO's during summers and winter holiday periods and just two us us during the rest of the year. Rarely, do either bowls flush cleanly. We need to brush-clean TWICE and flush THREE times.

We have a septic tank system and are adding more water to the system than we want to keep the bowls clean.

We have a 1990 Kohler 1.6 that always flushes cleanly with a single flush.

Can we replace both bowls with a better TOTO design? Or, should we dispose of both sets of bowls/tanks and try another brand?

Reach4

Reaction score
Dynaco1, are all three toilets on the same floor?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks