Please share your thoughts on these drain photos....

Users who are viewing this thread

Steve DIYMan

Reaction score
Hi,

First, thanks mostly to this forum I've undertaken a master bath remodel project. Thanks to everyone who contributes.

I have two questions.

1) This photo of my toilet drain and vent...

see images in reply below....

The toilet is up at 1 o'clock. The vent is off at 2:30. Note: the vent line also acts as a drain for a double sink. There is about 3' - 4' between the wye and the toilet. Is this OK?

2) This is a photo of the vent and drains for bath and shower:

see images in reply below...

The tub goes off to the left, the shower to the right. The vent continues straight up. My concern with this is if there is a clog I don't see how a snake would work from bath or shower- it seems like if I snaked from the bath the snake would continue straight through to the shower side - ie it wouldn't turn 'south' at the junction. Thoughts on this?

Thanks again for your feedback and advice. It is really appreciated!

Steve

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The double lav wet vents the toilet.

Rather than use a cross for the tub and shower, roll the wye lower and using a long turn 90 stack two santees above that and point them where the tub and the shower is. Do that with 2".

Steve DIYMan

Reaction score
upload_2017-11-12_17-13-23.png

Toilet vent

upload_2017-11-12_16-35-35.png

bath / shower drain.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks