please identify aerator

Users who are viewing this thread

dk518

Reaction score
The local plumbing supplier cannot identify this: What I do know is that it's from a lav sink and is 55/64-27. My wife wants 3 new ones.

IMG_0553.JPG

Thanks for any help!

Pmaru77

Reaction score
I've got the same condition in my newest bathroom......blackened bronze stuff, and it looks a lot worse than that. I'm starting to think this high ned plumbing is a waste.

SewerRatz

Illinois Licensed Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
I've got the same condition in my newest bathroom......blackened bronze stuff, and it looks a lot worse than that. I'm starting to think this high ned plumbing is a waste.

Thats why I only install faucets I get from a plumbing supply, and normally stick with Moen. Never ever get a Moen from a big box store, or any faucet for that matter.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I've got the same condition in my newest bathroom......blackened bronze stuff, and it looks a lot worse than that. I'm starting to think this high end plumbing is a waste.

Someday they will listen to Redwood...:cool:

When plumbing came inside white and chrome was in style...

Through the 50's, 60's, & 70's when people were installing fixtures that were pink and blue and yellow and avacado and a host of other colors that today trigger a gag reflex & a desire to remodel... White and chrome was in style...

Today as history repeats itself and we are installing Satin Nickel, with finger prints and waterspots, oil rubbed bronze and other living finishes designed to corrode... White and chrome is still in...

What color fixtures are you installing....:eek:

As for high end there is no such thing...
It is Foo-Foo and it is made for suckers...
Who was it that said there is a sucker born every minute?

dk518

Reaction score
Thank you! This house was built in '94 by a local builder who planned on living in it!

Anyway, here's a pic of the whole sink.

IMG_0579.JPG

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I'm guessing Price Phister or Glacier Bay.

Red, everyone around these parts is buying faucets with the matt black finish or the brown, sort of rusty, worn look. Hell if they want flat black I have a can o spray paint.:D

Let's all be honest here though. 99% of all faucets sold are absolute crap. I've been using Delta for years because that's what the supply houses around here carry. Not because I love them, because it's convieniant. When you have been doing service work for any length of time you soon realize that make does not make a huge difference for the first few years anyway. The only faucet brand I truley hate though is Moen, though I suspect that changing Moen shower valve cartridges has probably put my son through college. :D

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks