Please help with water line connection to fridge!!

Users who are viewing this thread

krazynuttz23

Reaction score
hello all, I am installing a new fridge and can't figure out how to take out the old water line from the old fridge that's connected to the wall. Can I take the water tubing out or do I have to change the whole valve? To open the valve you pull it up and push it down to open it. I've tried turning it but it just turns in place. Tried pulling it and it won't budge. Dont' know what else to do... Any help would be appreciated!! here is a pic of my problem...

Fridge.jpg

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
From what I've read, that valve has the tubing attached, and is an accident waiting to happen. Not sure how it comes off, but highly suggest you replace the whole thing, valve and supply line. One of the pros that deals with these should be able to tell you how it comes off. You may need to cut it off. Do you know what kind of supply pipe it is attached to (cpvc, copper, pex?)

On mine, I have what amounts to probably 10' of copper tubing in a big coil behind the frig. It's long enough to pull out like a spring if I need to pull the thing out for service. If you want a hose, get a reinforced SS one.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks