Please help with my sanitary drainage and venting plan

Users who are viewing this thread

Nick Bosco

Reaction score
Please critique (help) my drainage and venting plan.

I am adding a bathroom to the second floor of my home and I would like to keep all of the plumbing within the floor joists.

None of the new bathroom's walls extend to the first floor, so the only opportunity to run the waste stack down to the basement in through a first floor wall which is located in the middle of the floor of this new bathroom.

Thanks in advance.

Nick
Untitled-1.png

Attachments

• Untitled-1.png
    Untitled-1.png
    24.4 KB · Views: 168

Reach4

Reaction score
WC will probably not need its own vent.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The shower vent needs to be vertical.
The only horizontal vent you can get away with is one that can be snaked (washed)
Often we will run the lav in 2" which can act as a vent for the toilet and shower depending on how the lines come together. That being the case, the lav could have vented the shower.

index.php

Nick Bosco

Reaction score
Thanks for such prompt responses. I've updated my plan removing the shower vent and adding some approximate distances and pipe dimensions. Would it also be possible to remove the WC vent?
Untitled-2.png

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The toilet can't run by the shower that way.
Pull the lav off the 3" for the toilet like you have it, and then the shower (2") comes off the 2" lav, not the toilet line.
The toilet won't need it's own vent.

Reach4

Reaction score
I've updated my plan removing the shower vent
You need the shower vent. It is the toilet vent that you may not need. Since the shower vent is horizontal partly, maybe you do need the toilet vent too. Terry is describing a rearrangement where you only need the lavatory vent, but you have to rearrange the drain lines.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks