Please help. What is this?

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by ecru, Nov 28, 2006.

1. ecru

ecru New Member

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me. I am having trouble with finding the name of this item, and I need to know what this thing is called so I can buy it. Also, I was wondering if someone can point out where I should go to buy this, or like me.[​IMG]
    -Thanks

EDIT: Here's the link if my attached image didn't show up. http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i38/eckroo/Untitled-1.jpg I would really appreciate any help I can get.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2006
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Your picture did not attach. If necessary, post it on photobucket.com and link it back to here.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. OfficeLinebacker

OfficeLinebacker New Member

Hey, I have the exact same thing in my old shower pan. I just received a new Sterling Ensemble shower kit (base and walls) and it doesn't come with that part (I'd call it a shower drain but I don't know).

Where DO you get one of those? I thought for sure it would come with the shower base (or "receptor" as some call it).

I know there are at least two types. I believe there is one like that which is just a slip-on and just kind of hugs the PVC pipe, and the other actually has some sort of mechanism whereby you tighten it.

Terrence

5. leejosepho

leejosepho DIY scratch-pad engineer

disabled-retired industrial fabricator
    I do not know if any of these will work, but I do know you can buy rubber bushings that look like that for installing a pipe in a hub. If that is a 2" pipe in the center of your drain, it looks like you simply need a 3" X 2" bushing.

6. Lancaster

Lancaster New Member

Thats the drain gasket that comes with a Fiat Cascade shower base.It is part # QIC-2.Fiat dealers should be able to get it for you.What is wrong with the one that you have?

7. OfficeLinebacker

OfficeLinebacker New Member

damn you guys are good.

I ended up finding a drop-in fit with a white $15 one at Home Depot.

8. ecru

ecru New Member

Thanks Lancaster and everyone else

My shower is really old, so is that thing. Because it's so old, it lost all of its elasticity ( I assume)? Well, its just really hard/tough and it causes leakage (the shower is right on top of our dining table, so when it leaks,.... you get the idea ;D)

Last edited: Nov 29, 2006
  9. ecru

ecru New Member

Hey, I was wondering where I can find Fiat dealers? and are there any other brands that would work? cause I am having trouble find it online.
    -Thanks

Last edited: Dec 1, 2006
  10. Lancaster

Lancaster New Member

Call Crane Plumbing at 1-800-546-5476.Looks like they just re-designed their webpage,www.craneplumbing.com.