Please HELP! Toilet does not fit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
Nah, Jar was just busting my chops because he didn't like the fact that I disagreed with him on a different thread.

Maybe so, but I wouldn't give out your address. :D

Attachments

• busted_front.jpg
    busted_front.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 302

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
I put three balls of plumbers putty on the flange and set the stool down over it. When I tok it off the putty was compressed down to between 1/8" and 3/16".

Is this enough for a wax ring to hold. I don't want to have to pull it again.

Also, I remember once using a two part epoxy that looked like clay to level a toilet. I put a thin rope of the epoxy on the edge of the low side of the toilet. I put wax paper on the floor so it wouldn't stick. When it was dry I lifted it up and took the wax paper out. Then set the toilet.

I guess I could do the same thing this time to add 1/8 inch all around the toilet.

Shim the toilet like Rugged said and grout or caulk the gap....Personally I wouldn't use epoxy...

GabeS

Remodel Contractor
Reaction score
The law here doesn't require every house be up to code every time the code changes. 90% of houses in NYC are not up to code actually. The law just says if you are doing an alteration, change the CO of the building, or doing a major renovation, then you have to bring those areas of the renovation up to code.

All I did was remove the old tile off the walls and tile over the old sheetrock to clean it up a bit. On the floor I went right over the old tile. Not necessary for me to bring things up to code.

Besides, I already have had tons of violations on that building that I worked out little by little with some left. Believe me, that 4" deficiency on one side of the toilet is the least of my worries.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks