Please Help! I think the renovation team has installed my shower lever wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Amandalovessunlight

Reaction score
Hi,

Last year my bathroom was renovated and I was super pleased with the job...all is well yay, but the only complaint I had was that I was getting no hot water from the shower lever. They fixed that. Yay. Again.

Fast forward to today...a year later and I'm only noticing NOW that I'm only getting hot and lukewarm water...which isn't a big deal (I'm not a complainer! honestly!) BUT now I've noticed that it is a 180 degree lever and it only goes 90 degrees.

Also, the lever is from Delta. It is supposed to be set so the off position is at 3oclock and turns 180 degrees counterclockwise to gradually go from cold to hot. Mine is set for the off position to be at 9oclock and to get hot water it turns a little bit counterclockwise...(not tooooooo much otherwise it goes to lukewarm) to the 6oclock position and stops there. To turn it off I turn it clockwise back to the 9oclock position.

I'm trying to get the renovation team out here to fix the issue. How much will this be? Is it an easy fix? I hope so!

Here is a picture of what it should look like:
upload_2019-8-11_1-57-30.png

Mine looks like this. Its currently "off" and turns downwards and stops at the 6oclock position for lukewarm only. It never gets cold.

Thank you guys!

Attachments

• IMG_6553.jpg
    IMG_6553.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 150

James Henry

In the Trades
Reaction score
Take the handle off. If nothing falls out that looks like little pieces of broken plastic then the plastic parts that are for setting the temperature
and handle position probably just slipped into a different position or are worn out.
If that doesn't fix it then rebuild the shower valve.

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
I install Delta exclusively in NYC (pressure balance) and only once did I have to replace the cartridge .

When do install them I show the owner or building staff how to adjust the temperature for seasonal changes .

Delta does have time guarantee on parts

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks