Please help! Had well repaired now water wont clear

Users who are viewing this thread

Tom Tokstad

Reaction score
A few weeks ago I came home to find no water coming from the pump. The repair guys found a small hole and also replaced the foot valve. After the repair the water was very dirty. They instructed us to let an outside faucet run for a while. It cleared up a little but after a week it would still come out dirty sometimes. Then it cleared up for about a week, now its dirty again and really bad sometimes. We have let the water run inside and outside for a long time. other than pulling the line in and out twice the only other thing they did was fill our expansion tank up with air.
What could be going on? We had crystal clear water for years before this.

Reach4

Reaction score
They instructed us to let an outside faucet run for a while.
Did you run that faucet for many hours? If it were not for the worry about the well running dry, you might have wanted to run it for 48 hours or more. As it is, I would run it continuously as long as you can monitor to shut down the pump if the well gets pumped dry.

Last edited:

MI Well Drilling

Oh well !
Reaction score
What size well do you have? Jet pump systems have a foot valve. Submersible systems have line check valves. Sounds to me like whatever system you have there's still a check valve issue. Might try adding a line check above ground

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks