Please double check Fleck 9100SXT settings

Users who are viewing this thread

FD_Man

Reaction score
Hi there. I recently had a Fleck 9100 SXT installed by a plumbing company. They were very proficient with the plumbing portion, but I didn’t get a warm fuzzy that they knew much about programming the softener. The plumber made a comment that these were the programming values that he always uses, which made me a little concerned. Maybe he knew more about it than he let on, and just didn't want to spend the time explaining it to me. Who knows. I just wanted to double check to make sure the settings looked reasonable.

Here is what I know about the softener:
Fleck 9100SXT twin tank
Used three 1 cu ft bags of resin to fill both tanks (1.5 cu ft per tank I’m assuming).
BLFC: 0.5 GPM
DLFC: -
Injector: 01
Looks like resin tanks are 10” in diameter

Water is from a well with a 1" or 1-1/4" line into the house. We currently have two adults and one toddler, with the expectation to add one or two more kids into the mix.

Here are the water test results from KAR Labs (I have four pages, but to save typing only pulled out line items that I thought were pertinent, let me know if you need something else).

Iron: None Found (<.01 mg/L)
PH: 7.6
Hardness: 25.9 gpg
Turbidity: None Found (<1 NTU)
Total Dissolved Solids (Estimated): 550 mg/L
Manganese, total: .007 mg/L
Sulfur, total, by ICP: 20.0 mg/L

Here are the programmed values:
DF: GAL
VT: dF1b
CT: FI
NT: ---2
TS: U2
C: 30
H: 26
RS: SF
SF: 5
DO: 7
RT: 2:00
BW: 10
BD: 60
RR: 10
BF: 6
FM: t0.7

Please take a look and let me know what you think.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
DF: GAL
VT: dF1b
CT: FI
NT: ---2
TS: U2
C: 36
H: 30
RS: SF
SF:0
DO: 21
RT: 2:00
BW: 8
BD: 60
RR: 6
BF: 8
FM: t0.7

Just some minor changes. His settings will work. This is simply how I would have programmed it.

Reach4

Reaction score
Your #0 Injector - Red is a good choice.

Here is a table of choices salt amount and corresponding C numbers. With 1.5 cubic ft and BLFC=-.5, it turns out that the salt/cuft is the same as the BF minutes. Higher in the list is more salt efficient but with more hardness leakage. Lower in the list is less salt-efficient and less hardness leakage. Lower in the list is also slightly more water-efficient, but not so much IMO. Preferred choices in bold.

BLFC = 0.5
cubic ft resin = 1.5

lb/cuft ; C=
4 ; 22.8
5 ; 27.3
6 ; 30.0
; 33.1
; 36.0
9 ; 38.5
10 ; 40.5
11 ; 42.0
12 ; 43.1
13 ; 43.9
14 ; 44.6
15 ; 45.0

Last edited:

FD_Man

Reaction score
Great, thanks for the help. Glad to hear the guy knew what he was doing.

I'll make the tweaks recommended above.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks