Please critique my DWV plan

Users who are viewing this thread

Nick Bosco

Reaction score
This plan is for a bathroom next to a laundry (WM=washing machine). Thanks in advance
northDWV_v2.png

Last edited:

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score

Nick Bosco

Reaction score
This is on a second floor and the vertical 3" drain and vent are existing. I was trying to follow this guide on wet venting the WC and believe I have through the double Lav.
upc_wet_venting_bathrooms.jpg

I can make the laundry it's own branch so it doesn't run by the shower, but I'm not sure I can make it the last thing.
northDWV_v3.png

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
I am not a plumber. The two lav drains should connect to a double fixture fitting, or use two santees and split the vent 42 inches above the floor. Then join the drains.

WM trap arm needs a vent, even if the vent is an AAV.

WC vent is may not be not needed if you drain the WM drain downstream of the WC wye. I am not sure.

Any transition from vertical to horizontal should be done with long sweeps.

https://www.co.lincoln.or.us/sites/..._-_helpful_hints_residential_construction.pdf may be useful to you.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The washer comes in last, or the toilet is no longer vented.

No washer can be included in a single story wet vent. It's a pumped fixture.

As far as the stack there, at the point where it goes down to the next floor, it can only be a waste stack.

The horizontal fittings are wyes and combos.
Long turn 90's and 45's on the changes of direction.

Nick Bosco

Reaction score
Thanks Terry. The 3" stack and vent are existing. I've moved the washer downstream of everything and will follow table 706.3 for all my fittings.
northDWV_v5.png

Reach4

Reaction score
I think the 3 inch vent then becomes not required, but it may be a good idea anyway.

I don't know about the cleanout requirements. I am thinking one above or below the sink would be good.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks