Plastic connector for sink sprayer won't come off

Users who are viewing this thread

John Ramirez

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just moved into a new apartment and i am trying to install a reverse osmosis system. I don't want to drill a new hole in cast iron/enamel sink, so I want to remove the sink sprayer to install the water faucet for the RO system. I have heard you have to push the tabs on the plastic part in and up, and then pull the hose. Is this correct? It is really hard to get in there, and I haven't been able to remove it.

Also do I have to cap something after the hose is removed?

Thanks in advance

John Ramirez

Reaction score
here is a pic

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 2,800

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
That has a push-in, and then pull while it's pushed.
You will need to do something with it. It may be easier to just replace the faucet.

John Ramirez

Reaction score
That has a push-in, and then pull while it's pushed.
You will need to do something with it. It may be easier to just replace the faucet.

So let's say i remove the hose. Once the hose is removed i install the new water spicket in the hole. Will i need to cap the line for the sprayer?

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 2,371

Reach4

Reaction score
So let's say i remove the hose. Once the hose is removed i install the new water spicket in the hole. Will i need to cap the line for the sprayer?
How about plugging in the sprayer under the sink? Hokey but hidden.

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
This is some info from the Delta Q&A from the link I provided above:

To remove the RP54807 spray hose you will need to press in on the textured portion on the tabs on 2 sides of the white block connector. Once you have applied pressure, push up slightly and then pull the hose down off the fittting.

Once you remove the hose and remove it from the extra sink hole you could reconnect it to the undersink block connector as Reach4 said above.
Another option from the delta link above:
You can use the RP60295 to cap off the sprayer hose connection.

You can order parts by calling our customer service line at 800-345-3358 or find dealers locally or online by clicking the link below.
http://www.deltafaucet.com/where-to-buy/index.html

Read more: http://www.deltafaucet.com/repairparts/details/rp54807.html#ixzz4DoVOFVYC

John Ramirez

Reaction score
This is some info from the Delta Q&A from the link I provided above:

To remove the RP54807 spray hose you will need to press in on the textured portion on the tabs on 2 sides of the white block connector. Once you have applied pressure, push up slightly and then pull the hose down off the fittting.

Once you remove the hose and remove it from the extra sink hole you could reconnect it to the undersink block connector as Reach4 said above.
Another option from the delta link above:
You can use the RP60295 to cap off the sprayer hose connection.

You can order parts by calling our customer service line at 800-345-3358 or find dealers locally or online by clicking the link below.
http://www.deltafaucet.com/where-to-buy/index.html

Read more: http://www.deltafaucet.com/repairparts/details/rp54807.html#ixzz4DoVOFVYC

How about hiding the hose away? I like the idea. Less work to take apart and put back together. Do you know how to remove the end pieces?

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 2,204

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
John, you need to climb up under the sink and take it loose under there. Take everything out from under the sink so you can access the connector. I use a foam kneeling pad to lay on when I have to do that sort of thing. Reach up and feel the white plastic block connector. On two sides it is smooth and on the other two sides it is textured. Pinch the textured sides in, push up while still pinching the sides in and then pull down ,keep the sides pinched in, pull down on the hose and it should come apart. Then remove it from the hole in the sink. Then plug it back together and just leave the little hose and sprayer under the sink.

John Ramirez

Reaction score
Thanks for your help Smooky and Terry. I used the following video to remove the plastic pieces at the end of the hose instead of disconnecting underneath the sink, and put it back together under the sink. The RO system is working! Thanks for help again. For those having this issue, please use the following video to uninstall the sink sprayer without going underneath.

John Ramirez

Reaction score
When I move out, I will have to put the water system back in place as it was. I had to drill a hole in the wastewater pipe for the reverse osmosis system. Is there an easy way to fix this when I move out. Or do I have to buy and install a new pipe?

Thanks again guys

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 2,588
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks