Plastic closet rings

Users who are viewing this thread

Asktom

Reaction score
I see everyone at this forum saying to use plastic/stainless closet rings. Is there some problem with one piece plastic rings, aside from the fact that you have only one shot at getting the slots oriented correctly? Just curious.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
If you have been in the service side of the business for any length of time, you should have seen innumerable plastic flanges which have been distorted or broken by the constant upward tension of the closet bolts. I have REMOVED lots of plastic flanges, I have NEVER installed one.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I don't install plastic flanges either.
Same story as hj, service side too many years.
Sometimes we have to use a metal repair on them.

I make sure I ream my plastic pipe ends too on waste, if not reamed they become great hair catchers in the shower.
Women with long hair can plug a shower drain in a few months.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; Women with long hair can plug a shower drain in a few months.

An old plumber I worked with when I first came to this area told me about one of his customers. She also had a shower drain that kept plugging up. He told her it must have been her hair but she told him she always wore a shower cap. He told me that she might have been wearing it on the wrong end.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks