plastic closet bolt caps won't snap on

Users who are viewing this thread

davidr

Reaction score
First, thank you for this forum. It's guided me through all my plumbing challenges while remodeling my kitchen three years ago, and now my bathroom which I'm close to finishing. I've never had to post anything, because every plumbing question I had showed up in some thread somewhere. Until now...

A very minor problem, one I feel silly posting, but I couldn't find it in the search. (It's got to be there somewhere....) I've just installed a Sterling/Kohler toilet, and those two round, plastic bolt caps near the floor won't pop on. The bolt seems to be cut close enough. Should I use silicone or plumbers putty or some kind of adhesive? Or am I doing something wrong?

or maybe I should have bought a Toto Drake....

Thanks,
David

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Caps come with flat plastic keepers that go below the metal washer and nut.
It may be that the plastic keeper is reversed. They have an open lip that should be at the bottom, that the ridge of the cap snaps over.

davidr

Reaction score
Yep, you're right. Feeling very silly now, the keeper was upside down. It even said "this side up"....Like my wife said, it's time for reading classes.

Thanks, Terry. Again, great forum.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks