Planned Bathroom Drain Layout

Users who are viewing this thread

Md9918

Reaction score
I'm planning to divert the original cast iron stack into the wall, because as it stands, it's in the middle of my new main bath.

After spending a few hours on this site, I'm pretty sure I've got this right, I just wanted to make sure that there wasn't any issue with diverting the main vent stack, or that maybe there wasn't a better way to do this. It will remain 3" through to the roof. Also note, I would be running the 3" line under the joists, not through them (there is a lowered ceiling underneath to accommodate plumbing).

Also, please excuse the toddler-level MS Paint skills.

Thanks all.

Attachments

• Drain Plan.jpg
    Drain Plan.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 101

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
You described the 3" stack as a "vent stack". If fixtures on the floor below are are relying on that stack for their venting, you can't add drainage from the floor above them. You'd need to run the drainage separately along side the 3" stack, and tie in down below the dry vent portion of the stack.

Otherwise, that will work for the lav drain and vent and for wet venting the WC.

Cheers, Wayne

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks