Pitless pump advice?

Users who are viewing this thread

Water Man

Reaction score
I have intermittent problems with the drain outside of my back basement door getting clogged and backing up. The house is 170 years old, so who knows how old the 3" drain is. I put a camera down there and the turn just before the trap is deteriorating. The trap is buried somewhere under the house. I'm having a hard time finding it.

The drain is at the bottom of a 4' x 4' concrete pit, so I'm wondering about putting some kind of pitless sump pump out there that would kick on in case it starts to backup. Can you point me to a product that would be good for that? I live in NYC, so something that can withstand the elements would be great. Is a pitless pump what I need?

There is an exterior plug fairly close to the location.

I would attach a photo, but I don't see an easy way to do that.

Thanks very much.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks