Piping in a hot water coil

Users who are viewing this thread

Akarusso

Reaction score
Hi Everyone.
I have a Navien Combi with 3 zones. Each zone has its own circulator. The current heating system is a loop baseboards. We are doing work in the home and I am considering adding a hot water coil to the AC airhandlers. AC contractor will add the coil, but said he wont pipe it. I am very good at plumbing, roughed all my bathrooms, kitchen etc.

How do I pipe in the coil? From circulator run the pex to the in and out back to the return at the boiler. Do I add an airvent at the coil, ball vales etc?

Fitter30

Reaction score
Fan coil should have a air vent, coil piping in the bottom out the top and need shutoff valves for install and if there's a problem. Do u know.how to tie the pump in and related wiring?

Akarusso

Reaction score
Fan coil should have a air vent, coil piping in the bottom out the top and need shutoff valves for install and if there's a problem. Do u know.how to tie the pump in and related wiring?
Thank you for your reply. From what I understand the some coils have vents from factory. If not which vent should I buy? Also I am planning on using pex. 1 inch pex to 3/4 inch Copper. I will also use 2 3/4 inch ball vales to isolate for repair. The wiring currently is wired for a zone circulator pump. Tstat call for heat turns on zone valve and Navien kicks on. How is the fan coil wired.?

Akarusso

Reaction score
Going to add another pump for the coil? Navian have a opening for a other zone?
Currently there are 3 zone pumps. 2 zones will go to separate hot water coils. third zone will go into garage. The third zone is fairly simple. I will extend the thermostat wiring to garage and plump in a modine coil with an aqua stat in series.

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
One of the coils are installed flat.Do we need and air vent for that one
I think I would just put a drain on the return line near where it connects to the rest of the boiler piping. That way you can bleed it from the boiler room. There's no harm in having a vent at thr new coil. But you do need to bleed the entire return line. Kind of tough to do from the middle in one way traffic.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks