Piping 3 boilers

Users who are viewing this thread

Wrot

Reaction score
Good Day,
I'm looking at removing one boiler and installing (3) oil boilers in a commercial building. There is already a 3 way valve on the existing system which is controlled by a building control system. The existing boiler water temperature or burner is not on the control system, so I was going to add a 3 stage boiler control. I sketched up a few drawing, but now I'm not sure which one would be the best option. The existing piping is 2-1/2" steel pipe on the mains, but near boiler piping is 2".
Heat loss was done, 500.000 Btu, so 3 boilers @ 167,000 Btu will go in and be staged as needed. The 3 way valve is my concern, P1 & P2 are powered all the time. #1 drawing would be like a Primary/secondary system, with each boiler pump & burner starting as the load increases. #2 Primary/secondary with a reverse return pipe configuration on the return piping. #3 is reverse return with water flow through the 3 boilers and the staging control would start the burners as the load increases, but the downside of #3 is the increased standby losses.

Attachments

• 3 Boiler.PDF
    107.5 KB · Views: 243
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks