Pipes protruding past front of wall studs 1/8"

Users who are viewing this thread

729zoom

Reaction score
I just discovered the pipes run to the tub/shower valve stick out past the studs below the valve and above the valve before the pipe goes back more inside the wall cavity about 1' up. If the tile guy was planning to use backerboard, I believe this would pose a problem but if he floats the wall, will it matter? Or do I need to have the plumber come back out to redo it?

Will add that I told the plumber to set the depth of the valves at 1-1/2" and his worker set them at 1". I caught it and his solution was to shim behind the valve with a 1/2" piece of Kerdi board. I think this is what caused the pipes to protrude past the studs because he already had them very close to the front.

Adding a picture and hope to get advice on if this should be redone or not.

IMG_3153 small.jpg

rural_engineer

In the Trades
Reaction score
Did you pay for the pipes to be installed wrong? Do you really want to pass a potential problem to your tile guy?

Have your plumber fix it. If he doesn't, he's ripping you off.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks