Pipe with tube under sink

Users who are viewing this thread

Benz

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a pipe under my sink with a plastic tube in it that is not attached to anything. I have no idea where the other end goes but it appears to be some kind of water line. It’s not for the ice maker because there is a water valve behind the fridge. My house is on a slab so it going in the ground to somewhere. I was able to put a snake down into it for about 30 ft and I think I could have kept going. Any ideas on what this is for or where it may be going to?

Attachments

• CF23341A-CFBF-43BD-A94D-BBBF41E4DA21.jpeg
    CF23341A-CFBF-43BD-A94D-BBBF41E4DA21.jpeg
    75.4 KB · Views: 142

Reach4

Reaction score
Could be going to the fridge area, tho you would think that would be less than 30 ft. Could it have been protruding into the space behind the fridge?

Some people run cold water to a fridge, and some run reverse osmosis water.

Benz

Reaction score
Could be going to the fridge area, tho you would think that would be less than 30 ft. Could it have been protruding into the space behind the fridge?

Some people run cold water to a fridge, and some run reverse osmosis water.

That’s the issue I’m struggling with. There is nothing behind the fridge with this tube or any opening so it appears that it’s going somewhere else. I first thought it was a line that could of came from a filter system.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It looks like one end is attached to your drain line. Could it be going to a floor drain somewhere as a trap primer? Not sure I'd want waste water doing that, but who knows.

Benz

Reaction score
It looks like one end is attached to your drain line. Could it be going to a floor drain somewhere as a trap primer? Not sure I'd want waste water doing that, but who knows.
Actually it’s not connected to anything. Picture is misleading.

Reach4

Reaction score
Try putting your ear to the open pipe, and have somebody move around making noise. Inside. Outside. Whereever. See where the sound comes in loudest.

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
It’s not for the ice maker because there is a water valve behind the fridge.
And is that water valve hooked up and in use?

If not, this may be what feeds the water valve behind the fridge, and you'd need to hook it up to the water supply if you ever want to use your icemaker.

Cheers, Wayne

Benz

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Is there a way to trace the pipe to its end location? I can put a snake in and push it through about 10-15 ft before it hits a stop.
Moving it around and checking for noise has not given me any more info. I think its behind the fridge but there is no opening for it and i wondering if its just acoustic noise. This is a fairly new house 2001 and there is no drywall patches or anything to indicate this was covered up.
I think the best way is to somehow snake and trace it. Would a normal plumber be able to do this or is there a device I can rent or buy? It is going under the slab from my island to somewhere.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks