Pipe sizing question for hose bibs

Users who are viewing this thread

Onokai

Reaction score
I am running a new schedule 40 line from my pump shed to 3 hose bibs. I need maximum pressure at one for boat washing. I was going to run schedule 40 1 inch-the run is about 80 feet. I found in my stash 60 feet of
1-1/2 inch schedule 40. My pump shed is all 1 inch so if I run say 10 feet 1 inch and then use the 1-1/2 inch then switch back to the 1 inch will this affect my pressure at bibs-I need max pressure (set at 40-60 psi ) on well. All hose bibs are up hill about 15 feet so some head pressure is at play as well.
I was just thinking of using the larger pipe as I have no ther use for it. I have plenty of 1 inch as well.
what's the verdict?? Need to know soon.
Its the last of a 450 feet trench job I'm doing. Electrical is in now its water time.
thanks
Mark

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
If you have 60 psi increasing the pipeing diemeter will still give you 60 PSI and more volume

If you have 60 PSI and use smaller piping you will have 60 PSI less volume but the velocity will increase with a slight pressure drop because of friction losse

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
PVC?

Make sure that pipe is rated for pressure.

Yep PVC sch 40 plumbed many hundreds of homes with it in my career . So common in Ca not sure today a lotta plumbers using Pex (no Joints every 20 feet).
Its just 3 hose bibs I guess you could use the 2 differant pipe sizes , might look sleasy but its cheap and easy. you dont care I dont care. Go for it! Use primer and grey glue! When you choose a bib choose one with large passage youll get all the water you want

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks