Pipe keeps vibrating every minute

Users who are viewing this thread

Dizzy

Reaction score
Hi, total newbie and not a plumber/DIYer but need some help. We live in this apartment complex (small elevator building with 15 units) and there's this awful pipe sound where this humming noise repeats just about every 60seconds to 90 seconds, literally that frequently. I think it's coming from the room below us but you can hear the thing in other parts of the apartment. It's a humming/vibrating sound that grows in intensity over the course of abotu 1 second and the cuts off and then after 60-90 seconds happens again. It's loudest in the bathroom.

Any idea what the heck this could be? Our landlord plans to get a plumber in to look at it but it's just concerning that this is day 2 of this situation. The sinks and toilets and showers in our unit and in the entire building seem to be working fine but obviously these pipes should not be making this noise.

Thanks.

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
99% chance that it is due to a leaky toilet fill valve. Turn off the water to the toilet(s) in the apartment where the noise is originating from, and I bet the noise will stop.

Then, replace the leaky fill valve in the offending toilet.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks