Pipe keeps busting/coming off right above the pump

Users who are viewing this thread

3Bennettgirls

Reaction score
Please help! This is awful...no water again. We keep having issues.about a month ago we suddenly had no water. Now we have always had issues. Like I can't run a entire load of laundry without stopping it 1/2 way give it a while and let it finish. I have a jet tub can't fill it all the way. That thing. We have a 400 ft well. Hit water about 125 Feet. We were having problems with the pipe busting above the pump a few years back. Then the pump locked up and we got a new pump (that the well people suggested) and put a steel pipe above the pump and thought the problem was solved until a month ago. No water so we pulled out the pump didn't see anything that was obvious except the wire close the pump was corded over so cleaned all that up and took the steel off replaced with the black pipe. Husband thought the steel was causing the rusting of the wire. Worked fine for 3 days. No water again. Pulled the pump out and the pipe had busted above the pump again. So we put the steel pipe back on and it has worked 4 days and today we came in and no water again....please help. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
More info needed. What size pump is it? How many check valves do you have and where are they? Did the pipe split or did it get hot? What was the pressure rating of the pipe? Sounds like you maybe pumping the well dry and getting the pipe hot.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks