Pipe is leaking from the house leading to the Febco 765 Backflow valve

Users who are viewing this thread

Ron Harper

Reaction score
Hello, the water is turned off in the basement, and sprinkler lines have been blown out, I drained the backflow valve by setting the test cocks perpendicular and water did flow out.

The 2 valves, and 2 test cocks are half way closed currently. I have tried closing them too, but it didn't seem to help.

The problem I'm having is that there is a leak at the little valve (stopcock?) on the pipe that is leading from the house to the Backflow valve preventer.

The valve has a cap and when I screw it in the dripping stops, but when I unscrew it, water will drain out, and then eventually just drip.

I'm not sure how water could still be leaking out since water is turned off and pipes blown out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
If water is able to bypass the larger stop valves, then they would need to be replaced.. and likely the whole unit. Each of the stop valves should be perpendicular to the pipe to be OFF. Some residual water could still be inside that could seep out.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks