Pink water

Users who are viewing this thread

irish girleen

Reaction score
Hi, I am new to this forum so I hope this question hasn't been asked before. We have a pentair water cleaning system. We have recently noticed that the potassium permaganate is ending up in our water tank. We have tried doing the obvious remedies but nothing seems to work. So the system is being bypassed at the moment. Any ideas on how we can remedy this?

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
Hi, I am new to this forum so I hope this question hasn't been asked before. We have a pentair water cleaning system. We have recently noticed that the potassium permaganate is ending up in our water tank. We have tried doing the obvious remedies but nothing seems to work. So the system is being bypassed at the moment. Any ideas on how we can remedy this?
Please list the remedies you have tried. What type of valve do you have? A restricted drain will cause improper flushing which may cause the problem. An injector with debris in it could be the cause. More info needed.

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
What water tank? Is it a storage tank that then water is pumped/sucked out of and then another pump or gravity refills it like a cistern from a well or rainwater, creek, river etc.? Or is it a storage tank on your roof and gravity feed to the fixtures? If so, assuming the filter is on mains pressure, what is your mains pressure in psi?

Is the time of day set correctly and is the filter programmed to regenerate when no water is being used?

Is there more water in the PP tank than normal?

How old is the filter or, how long have you had it? Has it worked in the past or not?

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
hehe, wouldnt surprise me. When the water comes out of the faucet like that, it is scary.

Personally, i like trying to rinse down pyrolox, that media is dirtier than... dirt.
Carbsorb is another, it can run to the drain looking like the river from Charlie and the chocolate factory for hours during the startup procedure. 9% ash doesnt help.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks