Pilot Light Problems with Reliance 606 Water Heater.

Users who are viewing this thread

okie1

Reaction score
Having problem with pilot going out on my Reliance 606 so I changed the thermocouple, sorta worked. Think it's a 50 gallon and 2.5 years old. It would stay lit 'til 3 showers, 1 washing machine run, and the dishwasher all happened at the same time, then it would go out. It sounded like water was dripping and sizzling inside the burner unit so I'm figuring condensate. I would light it and in 2 minutes it's out again. I would keep this up until the water got up to temp, and it was fine until we ganged up on it again making it work hard then it would start with the condensate/water drip and the pilot going out. I called Reliance about it and they said to take the 1-1/4" ring filter off from around the bottom and go through one of the access holes to clean the bottom side of the water heater. They said where it draws air into the burner area sometimes gets clogged and can't vent right and condensation will happen causing my problem. I couldn't see very good but took a swiffer and reached in and cleaned it good. Seems to be burning smoother now...looks/sounds like it anyway.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks