Pilot does not turn on every morning

Users who are viewing this thread

troyellis

Reaction score
Got a brand new Rheem tankless instant water heater. First thing in the morning upon turning on the shower, the pilot will not light up unless I manually go to the heater and touch the battery compartment. Then for the rest of the day, it is just fine, water heats up all the time. Batteries are brand new. Has anyone heard of something this odd, and if so, what do I do?

Reach4

Reaction score
I don't know your water heater, and your symptom is weird. For a new unit, don't lose your receipt. You may want to call Rheem, since they might be familiar with quirks.

Tell us about this touch.

What kind of batteries are they (2 C cells, or what?) I am wondering if the contacts lightly oxidize, and your touch is not totally gentle.

I am wondering if grounding the WH would help.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks