Pillbox toilet and tank too close to wall

Users who are viewing this thread

krizzta

Reaction score
Howdy toilet people, is it possible to rotate this toilet bowl without having to disrupt/move the tank and pipe it's connected to, or any other solutions to move it farther away from the wall? Is an offset flange an option? Nobody, and I mean NOBODY likes to feel cramped on the pot! PLEASE HELP thank you

toilette.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
Howdy toilet people, is it possible to rotate this toilet bowl without having to disrupt/move the tank and pipe it's connected to, or any other solutions to move it farther away from the wall? Is an offset flange an option? Nobody, and I mean NOBODY likes to feel cramped on the pot! PLEASE HELP thank you
Do you like the antique/collector's value aspect? Your existing toilet certainly seems to fit that bill. I am sure you are tired of sitting side-saddle.

For function, Terry has a nice alternative.

krizzta

Reaction score
Thanks, folks! Yes, this is a nice antique toilet, isn't it? Are these kinds of toilets adaptable to the universal size of offset flanges? Will that pipe that connects bowl to tank possible be an issue? I'm so grateful for the communal knowledge, thanks!

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
I might be easier to move the wall. If you touch the pipe from the tank to the bowl, it'll probably fall apart that is if you plan to keep it. As Terry suggested it looks like lead.

pillbox-toilet-01.jpg

pill-box-toilet-munoz.jpg

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I don't see a cheap easy fix . jack hammer floor move drain / closet flange re-work the tank to bowl connection. if you got 30 inches between edge of lav and wall you're good. Its a cute room / piece of history but not very functional . I guess nobody bothered over last 90 years to fix it , but with todays home values a few million bucks for a house .
My brother has a 100 year old fixer upper after 20 years his 17 year old daughter finally got own room due to slow DIY work. point is fix it now don't wait 20 years to enjoy the comfort of your home . or until you decide to sell

pill-box-toillet-black.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks