Phister, What is this thing? (Shower Handle Parts)

Users who are viewing this thread

JBAbraham

Reaction score
What is this white circular plastic piece and where can I find a replacement? I cannot for the life of me, find anything on this aside from another person's photo. Their photo gives a better picture than mine, so I have uploaded it as well.

avante-handle-part.jpg

Attachments

• 20221002_004233.jpg
    20221002_004233.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 64
  • 20221002_001450.jpg
    20221002_001450.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 71
  • Screenshot_20221002-011354_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221002-011354_Chrome.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 69
Last edited by a moderator:

JBAbraham

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it is, I just can't find anything on the white plastic piece. The trim piece has Price Pfister on the bottom.

Marlinman

In the Trades
Reaction score
My thought of this being a thin wall plate was incorrect. It is actually a retainer plate 972-810 for the escutcheon flange. This is no longer available. The retainer flange 931-910 is still available. If the plastic threads are not useable you still have options.

IMG_9475.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

JBAbraham

Reaction score
My thought of this being a thin wall plate was incorrect. It is actually a retainer plate 972-810 for the escutcheon flange. This is no longer available. The retainer flange 931-910 is still available. If the plastic threads are not useable you still have options.
With the plastic threads being separated from the plate, what option or next step am I able to take? I'd rather not replace the entire thing.

Marlinman

In the Trades
Reaction score
You will need retro-fit kit 931-930

You will need Weller trim. This is now the only trim that works with the retro-fit kit. It's available in 4 different finishes.

These can be purchased on their website

JBAbraham

Reaction score
You will need retro-fit kit 931-930

You will need Weller trim. This is now the only trim that works with the retro-fit kit. It's available in 4 different finishes.

These can be purchased on their website
The pipes behind the shower panel don't seem to be fixed to anything, causing them to move around. The plastic plate with the threads seemed to be what held it secured to the panel. I'm pretty new to this, but I'm not sure if that would stop the entire thing from shifting around. That looks like the caulk from the trim would be the only thing to stop it all from shifting around.

Marlinman

In the Trades
Reaction score
You can leave all the plastic portion in place. If the valve is not strapped in place, the new sleeve in the trim kit # 972-096 will pull the trim tight to the wall like the old flange nut that screwed to the plastic threads. With this kit you are replacing the old cartridge retainer nut with the new retainer nut with threads for the new trim.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks