Phister Shower handle valve stem does not have a seat?

How do I get my two handle shower valve to stop leaking?

• Professional plumber

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DIYer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

BasketballBaller

Reaction score
I bought a house with a bathroom that was destroyed by water that came in from the leaking roof. The roof is replaced and the bathroom is remodeled now. I put on newer shower handles that fit on the existing stems. That is when I noticed that the two handle shower stems are leaking. The handles I bought came with compression and seat type stems. I tried to replace the old ones only to find a completely different type of stem that does not seem to have a seat. Everything I have found online has been about compression/seat stems. I can't even figure out what this type is called online let alone anything else. Is it possible that there is no seat in it? Is there a way to use the new valves I have or can I find ones that would match my existing setup? I’m attaching a picture of the existing valve that was already in the bathroom and a shot of what I’m seeing in the wall. Thanks in advance!

E1F0935C-BC85-4EB7-ABEA-65342589754F.jpeg

Attachments

• C64EB818-5F7F-49AD-9FAA-D7A1AF755D09.jpeg
    C64EB818-5F7F-49AD-9FAA-D7A1AF755D09.jpeg
    32 KB · Views: 346

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
It might be a little harder but next time take pictures of the valve and note manufacture before closing up walls. im sure youll figure it out but what if you cant find stems to work? , just rip wall open and change valve. Take the cartridge to the best plumbing supply or even an old school hardware (not meaning home depot) If/when they say sorry we got nothing like this ask them where else to try. Or if you cant take them with you because of cource there will be no water in house take a ton of pictures and measurements and try to match up that way. I hope its real common and available but I dont recognize it . but I cant recognize many

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks