Phister outdoor shower mixing valve leaking

Users who are viewing this thread

pb2501

Reaction score
Hello!

I just purchased a house with an outdoor shower. When I turned the water on to the outdoor shower, it is a slow drip leaking out of the shower head. I think one of the gaskets is broken from the winter and the previous owner not adequately draining the lines. I do not know who makes the valve and what size gaskets I will need.

I might just take it apart and take the gaskets with me to the store.

Picture order- Front view, from above, and from below (there is a bottom port capped)

20210509_162300.jpg

20210509_162248.jpg
20210509_162258.jpg

Michael Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I believe that's a Phister shower.

pp_ox8_parts.gif

phister-974-3210.jpg

Obviously, much easier to just pop in a new cartridge. So if Terry is right on identification, you're golden. Otherwise, just install a whole new valve (delta with a cartridge). If you can get to the other side of the hot and cold water pipes, you should install two shutoff valves so you an open the shower completely and shut those isolation valves. I don't like that those pipes are exposed to extreme temperatures outside.

- Mike
https://homeservicestriad.com

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks