Phister Avante, Shower 10° cooler than sink

Users who are viewing this thread

dwhightowe

Reaction score
This shower valve, at its hottest setting, runs at least 10° less than the sink faucet that is right next to it.

Is there some kind of internal adjustment to it? Perhaps to protect against scalding? Our kid is now a grownup and wants his showers hotter, and if I don't fix it I'm afraid he will try to and who knows what will happen.

Best,
Dave

Unknown Shower Faucet.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I don't think that's a pressure balanced valve, and I'm not sure that is an adjustment on the handle either.
I wonder if there is a tempering valve somewhere. Sometimes located under the sink cabinet.

index.php

dwhightowe

Reaction score
I don't think that's a pressure balanced valve, and I'm not sure that is an adjustment on the handle either.
I wonder if there is a tempering valve somewhere. Sometimes located under the sink cabinet.

index.php
I pulled this bad boy out and now we have full hot. Thanks for the help. Heading for the tip jar.

Attachments

• F38F901A-9567-4CE3-82FB-AF8CD9D553C6.jpeg
    F38F901A-9567-4CE3-82FB-AF8CD9D553C6.jpeg
    74 KB · Views: 149

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
That piece is usually designed to slide into place in multiple positions and is there by code to ensure the maximum shower temperature is NGT 120-degrees. Adjusting it during install is a step in the instructions, but with changing water temperature on the cold with the seasons, if done in the summer, it may not be hot enough in the winter when the inlet cold water is potentially way cooler. The best way to resolve that is with a thermostatically controlled valve, then it should be where you want it summer or winter, but there do cost more.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks