Pfister tub faucet, Help identify and upgrade

Users who are viewing this thread

Lisa M. Gallo

Reaction score
Does anything exist to easily switch out these fixtures for oil rubbed bronze? How complicated would an upgrade to single valve be? I'm having a really hard time finding a 3knob tub/shower fixture in Oil rubbed, venetian, or rustic bronze

Attachments

• letgo1500675837904.jpg
    letgo1500675837904.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 222

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If you're really lucky, you might find new handles for that, but IMHO, it's doubtful. If the handles physically are in good shape, you might have the option of taking them to a metal restorer, and they could clean and plate them. That could get costly. While you can maintain that type of valve, it's illegal to install a new one, so that's one reason why it's hard to find anything. If you find something, it would be old stock for something that hasn't been available new for many years. Code today requires anti-scald technology, and that valve does not have it.

If you were to try to change that out to a single handle one, you'd need to tear up a bunch of tile since there must be some distance from the valve to the tub spout, and you do not have it. If there was more room between the valve and the spout, a remodel plate could replace the valve with a new one in any finish you might want. I might be wrong about how much room you could gain with a remodel plate, but it would be close.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks