Pfister. Please Help Identifying How to Remove Shower Handle

Users who are viewing this thread

Shauncav

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm hoping someone can help me identify how to take the rest of the handle off of my shower diverter so that I can replace it. I've searched but have not been able to find something that looks similar. I'm hesitant to force anything off so I thought I'd ask here.

I've taken the plastic handle off of the unit and am left with the metal portion of the handle that I've turned all the way to the left. I've also loosened the part that back up to the shower tile as much as I can by hand.

I figure there must be a way to do this but just can't see it. Attached are pictures of what I'm dealing with.

Thanks for taking the time to look at this.

w6kywdC.jpg

brSsSQE.jpg

qUk2WyU.jpg

Best,

Shaun

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Grab the metal piece with some large pliers and "wiggle" it up and down while pulling it. Then turn it a quarter turn and do it again. keep going back and forth between the two positions and it will come off. It is a Pfister "Windsor" fluted handle, but ANY Pfister handle will work to replace it.

pp_three_handle.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Shauncav

Reaction score
Just wanted to follow up and say thanks. I purchased the tool at Home Depot, read, watched some videos, and am now the happy owner of two showers that do not leak and do not fill up the tub while using the shower.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks