Pfister. Please Help Identifying How to Remove Shower Handle

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by shauncav, Apr 28, 2018.

1. shauncav

shauncav New Member

Hello,

I'm hoping someone can help me identify how to take the rest of the handle off of my shower diverter so that I can replace it. I've searched but have not been able to find something that looks similar. I'm hesitant to force anything off so I thought I'd ask here.

I've taken the plastic handle off of the unit and am left with the metal portion of the handle that I've turned all the way to the left. I've also loosened the part that back up to the shower tile as much as I can by hand.

I figure there must be a way to do this but just can't see it. Attached are pictures of what I'm dealing with.

Thanks for taking the time to look at this.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Best,

Shaun

2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    [​IMG]

This tool pulls the handle, but you will want to thread the wall escutcheon back to the tile first.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Plumber
    Grab the metal piece with some large pliers and "wiggle" it up and down while pulling it. Then turn it a quarter turn and do it again. keep going back and forth between the two positions and it will come off. It is a Pfister "Windsor" fluted handle, but ANY Pfister handle will work to replace it.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2018
  5. shauncav

shauncav New Member

Great, thanks for taking the time to answer! I hope to have a working shower again soon.

--Shaun

6. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Plumber
    sorry, a memory lapse. Those are Marquis handles.

7. shauncav

shauncav New Member

Just wanted to follow up and say thanks. I purchased the tool at Home Depot, read, watched some videos, and am now the happy owner of two showers that do not leak and do not fill up the tub while using the shower.