Pfister inlet line replacement too long

Users who are viewing this thread

Lonedaughter

Reaction score
I have a Price Pfister kitchen sink faucet that was leaking from just under the top. The company sent me a replacement inlet line (https://www.amazon.com/Pfister-9710020-Inlet-Line-Marrielle/dp/B002J3H7KC/) which seems to be the only version available, but it is too long. The original I pulled out is 8 inches, and the replacement is 14 inches. I tried inserting it and, as expected, it won't go in all the way. Then I tried putting in the old one (the leak wasn't a deal breaker) and it snapped. What am I missing here? I am a DIYer single mom with three little kids, so not having a kitchen sink is a HUGE problem. Thanks in advance!

Reach4

Reaction score
I am not familiar with the part, but I presume you cut it to size.
40617_1.jpg
There is more than one way to cut, but don't cut it too short, of course.

Lonedaughter

Reaction score
I am not familiar with the part, but I presume you cut it to size.
40617_1.jpg
There is more than one way to cut, but don't cut it too short, of course.
Thanks for the quick answer! The end is tapered slightly. Any idea how I do that? I have a rubber mallet, hammer, etc.

Reach4

Reaction score
I am thinking a hacksaw followed by a file or suitable sandpaper, if you don't have a tubing cutter.

You may have a friend with a small tubing cutter, and that will tend to make a smoother cut. I don't know what this goes into, but I would think that you will want to make the cut end look like the old one. You also would want the inside of the cut to not be ragged, and you might accomplish that with a Philips screwdriver or paring knife, followed by the sandpaper or file.

I hope somebody who actually knows this part will have better insight for you.

Lonedaughter

Reaction score
I did it! On your advice I borrowed a tubing cutter and was able to cut it, smooth it, and install it. I also got a video off YouTube re: reattaching the diverter tee (another new word for me today!) and voila! My sink is working and I am a very happy mommy on Father's Day. :) Thanks again!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks