PEX - Wirsbo Aquapex vs. Rehau Raupex

Users who are viewing this thread

ProxyBox

Reaction score
I'm building a 24 unit apartment building. I'm contemplating putting copper in the main lines and using Pex manifold distribution nodes to each unit. Does anyone have any opinions on which brand (Wirsbo or Rehau) is better? Any experiences? Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jon
los angeles, ca

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
wirsbo

wirsbo is virtually indestructable.... its extremely tough

I am not sure what the other stuff actually is,

but we have used wirsbo is many many tight , nasty repair jobs where their was apossibility of the pipes freezeing, they might freeze, but Wirsbo wont break,,, it will swell up like pickle, but it wont break...

you can literally twist it and try to break it, it will make a crease in the pipe but you can literally make the pipe like new by just slightly heating it up

I have tried a few other types of new systems and this is the best...

the downside to all the new stuff is you got to be able to service it some day... and that can become a problem with all of it..

nothing more fun than going to do a service call only to find some new fangled crap that you got to buy a $300 dollar clamping tool to work with it...plus buying all the fittings and adapters....

actually , I still like COPPER the best...

If you use type L throughout the place, its probably good for 80 years, so what more can you ask??? in 80 years you arent gong to care either way, and it still will be easy for your kids to get serviced.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks