PEX tools recommendations

Users who are viewing this thread

Dprocket

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to start a project. I will be removing an existing shower and replacing it with a bath tub shower. This will require me to relocate the shower drain and also the water supply lines.

It is on the 2nd story of the house, but I have access to the drain and the supply lines through the ceiling in my garage. My plan is to the cut the existing supply lines and install shut off valves allowing me the time to do this work at my own pace (since I'm a true DIY'er and don't have tons of time).

I then plan to run PEX up to my new supply location and install a bathtub with one of those wall surround kits.

I've worked with PEX a bit before and always used borrowed tools. I won't be doing a ton, but I think it would be nice to have my own crimper and cutting tool. These will get pretty sparse use. I don't want to pay the premium for the branded tools, but don't want to buy complete garbage either. Any recommendations of PEX tools that seem like they would fit my needs?

I do use Shark Bites quite a bit. They are a good fit for my skill set (low).

Stuff

Reaction score
You are putting the cart before the horse. I always thought the crimp/clamp/stretch tool needs to match the brand. Then copper vs. stainless and other options. Most handle multiple sizes but some need a die for each.

Cutting tool should be good with a cheap $10 slicing style cutter with a sharp blade.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks