PEX toilet/faucet risers - good or bad?

Users who are viewing this thread

RRWA

Reaction score
These are the grey plastic pex risers that are sold at Home Depot or Lowes.

What is your experience with these? Are they a good product or should they be avoided? Why?

Here is a picture:
pex.jpg

Hackney plumbing

Homeowner
Reaction score
These are the grey plastic pex risers that are sold at Home Depot or Lowes.

What is your experience with these? Are they a good product or should they be avoided? Why?

Here is a picture:
View attachment 15580

I have used several thousand of the lavatory supplies in the past few years. I've never had one leak. Some like the stainless braided lines but I like using real pipe instead of rubber hoses with a stainless braid. Just preference. I dont like how the stainless braided lines look when they are too long.

I use chrome tubing on exposed stuff if it matters. I dont see the point in using chrome tube or anything nice when I hafta wipe up 10 years of dust off the existing....I dont think the owners mind what it looks like......LOL

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
I have not used them, but it makes sense to be able to make up any length of your own on site.. Then you are not at the mercy of a bad chinese batch of braided hose made of old tires inside.

Hackney plumbing

Homeowner
Reaction score
I have not used them, but it makes sense to be able to make up any length of your own on site.. Then you are not at the mercy of a bad chinese batch of braided hose made of old tires inside.

I agree,I never use the stainless braided hoses. I like the 3/8 pex tubes or chromed copper.

LiquidPlumber

In the Trades
Reaction score
I agree with Hackney. as a new construction plumber Ive installed thousands of the grey or white lav and toilet risers. they work fine. never had a call back. Be careful to tighten properly at the shut off, I had one employee flood a house about 8 years ago by not tightening a toilet supply line properly. $30,000 damage from his little "oopsie"... not good.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks