PEX to Copper adapter in walls

Users who are viewing this thread

Mike94

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a newbie to the forum and I was hoping someone could help with me.

I'm currently renovating my kitchen and I noticed that I barely have space for an electrical switch in my wall due to two water copper pipes (hot,cold). These pipes run in the wall from ceiling to floor, so close to 8 feet long of pipe.

I spoke to a master electrician and he suggested that I replace the copper pipes with PEX, saying the PEX is more flexible there would be space for the electrical box, here are my questions:

1. Am I up-to the Canadian/Ontarian code ?? if I to the following:

In the wall, I wanted to cut the hot and cold pipes about 2 feet from the top and bottom (ceiling/floor), put a cooper/PEX adapter at each end and put 6 feet of PEX. I would close the wall with drywall.

2. Is there anything else I'm missing to make this a compliant job ?

3. I do NOT own a PEX Crimp toll but as I will have more plumbing work I'd like to purchase one. Any ideas what I should buy or NOT buy ??

Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

Wrenched

In the Trades
Reaction score
Yeah, there's no issue with transitioning between code-approved piping materials in the plumbing code. You will to make sure the pipe isn't stressed, and isn't going to chaff against anything. Depending on the setup, it might be worth doing offsets, though that is more work. Depending on the classification of the building you may need to use fire rated piping/tubing.

Any decent quality pex crimper will work, though it's worth practising a few crimps before completing the actual work.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks