PEX termination at fittings

Users who are viewing this thread

Michael Christensen

Reaction score
Any suggestions as to the best way to terminate PEX at fittings. Cooper stub outs, Shark bit fittings, etc. When and why do pros use one over the other.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Having done more service plumbing I prefer a copper stubout that makes it's easier down the line to replace a shutoff.
Many new construction companies are Sharkbiting shutoffs.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It's nice to have the shutoff valve be stable, and that's not easy if you just use pex to the valve so using a properly anchored copper stubout would be my choice. Otherwise, the shutoff could easily end up cocked at the wall, and move around when you ever need to use it.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Ive only done a little pex work actual several monthes daily on a huge job.
Never done a home with it, I like the Idea of no buried joints on a manifold home run system. Our home has pex including the lav and W/C stub outs after 17 years no problems I like copper better but its one more joint behind the wall. Ive got compression stops prefer those 10 times over shark bites

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks