PEX sizing questions

Users who are viewing this thread

RLG

Reaction score
We are installing a 3/4 master bath on the second story of a house built in 1908. The plumbing has all been updated to copper some time ago. I have 3/4" hot and cold copper water lines almost directly below in the basement and the hot water heater is near by. So new lines would be running almost straight up from basement approx. 12' to the second story. The water pressure isn't that great in the house now. So my question is, should I be running 1/2" or 3/4" PEX.
I thought if I ran 3/4" It might help the water pressure? On the other hand, it would take the hot water longer to get there. With 1/2", one might have to weight a minute for toilet to quit running to jump in shower. Any suggestions?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks