Pex Quick-Disconnects

Users who are viewing this thread

renegade_00

Reaction score
Hey all,

To start things off, I'm 25 and just bought my first home, so please take it easy on me if I sound like a newbie.

I own a single story ranch with an unfinished basement. I had hardly any hot water pressure, due to the corrosion and buildup inside the old galvanized pipes in the home. I replaced the pipe with pex tubing, plumbed everything up and all is well. I used Watts WaterPEX quick connectors because they seemed much more simple than the crimp-on fittings. I'm curious though now about the reliability of these fittings, and whether or not they can be covered up? I intend to finish half of the basement, so some of the fittings would be covered.

Any help/advice anyone can give would be awesome. Thanks all!

renegade_00

Reaction score
Well, I only did from the water heater to my sinks and such. I only have two sinks and a bathtub, so not alot of fittings needed.

I guess I should have been more specific, too. I don't mean to ask if they CAN be covered up. I mean should they be reliable enough to cover up without concern of leaking in the future. Also, does anyone know if they would meet code for being covered up?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I know the Sharkbites are approved for that, I do not know if the Watts version is...if you have the data sheet that comes with the package, can you list the approval codes it meets? Personally, the Sharkbites at least look a lot more robust than the Watts.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks